What do camps include?
- guided trail runs of varying length and intensity
- speed work or hill work
- interval or tempo sessions
- guided climbing
- pool or aqua running
- Essentrics, floor or yoga session
- running form and injury prevention
- workshops on visualization / self belief / nutrition / motivation / race preparation/ goal setting / and more…
- camp journals – workshops will include creating action plans to incorporate learning and commitments to take away
- video review of running technique
- a major focus on goal setting with one to one sessions with Camp Directors – everyone leaves with a goal and detailed action plan and support network to achieve that goal
Here is a typical day’s schedule:
Camps start at 4.00 pm the first day, and finish at 12.00 pm on the last day
- Tempo session – RMNP
- Workshop – Goal setting / action plans
- Rest & relaxation
- Workshop – Nutrition
- Rest & relaxation
- Inspirational movie
Camp Director is Terry Chiplin, fitness and life coach, and owner of Active at Altitude. Terry has over 20 years experience working and inspiring athletes of all abilities, from Olympic marathoner to a runner completing their first 5K! Terry has also been a coach for Revolution Running based in Boulder. Terry combines talents with wife Jacqueline Chiplin – Jacqueline is Wellness Director, assistant coach, nutritionist & chief cook, and “Oracle” for the camps – Jacqueline has an extensive running background, and has been coaching runners for nearly 10 years. Both Terry & Jacqueline are certified Lydiard Level II coaches – Athur Lydiard was the most successful running coach in history, and his training principles live on today – see more about the Lydiard Foundation here – check out more details about Terry & Jacqueline here
We are often fortunate to have guest star athletes come and join us for runs, workshops, or maybe both…keep an eye on our news section for updates on who will be joining us for your camp! 2015 guest athletes included Melody Fairchild, Krissy Moehl, and Angelina Ramos.
Cute puppy warning!
Just to let you know that we have just recently added (November 2015) a very cute Border Collie / Aussie mix puppy to the coaching team – Coco will be a part of the camp, although won’t be able to join us on the runs as he will be too young, and many of the runs take place in RMNP, where dogs aren’t allowed on trails. He is super cute, and great company! We know you’ll enjoy having him be around!