Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon
Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 08:00 AM
DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER
ADDRESSLong Pond Wellfleet
520 LONG POND RD
Wellfleet, MA, 02667-7712
Relay TeamSold Out!
Tri it Your Way (Virtual)& Under$0.00+$0.00General$35.00
Wait ListSold Out!
It is important to keep athletes, volunteers and staff safe! As
guidelines shift for events of this type we will update this race's
website page and post to Facebook.
A 1/4-mile swim in the clear waters of a glacier-created "kettle pond"; a 10-mile paved bike course along the rolling hills of the Cape Cod National Seashore; and a 3.1-mile run past the famed Beachcomber Bar with a water stop overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Both bike and run courses, traversing a natural pine forest, will be closed to vehicular traffic.
Tri it your way (virtual category)
Can't make it in person? No Problem!
Here's how Tri It Your Way works:
1) Pick your triathlon activities! Remember, you can either swim the 400 yards or choose another activity to do for 10 minutes. The bike needs to be at least 10 miles and the run needs to be at least a 5K (yes, you may go over, but not under!).
2) SAFETY FIRST! Make sure you are taking all the safety precautions when swimming, biking, and running. This means not swimming alone and following all the rules of the road (or trail). Just like all the precautions you take when training or racing an event, we want you to be safe.
3) Record each activity with your watch, or phone, or bike computer.
4) Document your tri! Whether it’s someone taking pictures of you “racing” or stopping for a selfie mid-run. We want to see you in action! Dogs, kids, partners, friends (socially distanced, of course) are encouraged to join in with you!
5) Go to our event page and post your “race” data and your pictures. OR email your pics and race data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Tri It Your Way” runs from June 5 - 12. Race any day within this time period.
will be awarded the week of June 12, based on the pictures and race
data that is submitted. Prize categories range from “Best run with dog”
to “Prettiest View” to “Best alternate swim activity.” We have lots of
fun swag to give you!
Two Options for Packet Pickup:
Friday, September 17th from 4:00pm - 6:00pm at Long Pond
Saturday, September 18th from 6:00am - 7:30am.
All participants: BRING ID. If you have a USAT annual membership, BRING USAT ID CARD. You will be able to pick up packets for others!
Results will count toward national and regional rankings. All USAT rules and regulations will apply. Racers are subject to time penalties or disqualification for infractions of USAT rules.
Please note: You will need at least a 1-day USA Triathlon membership in order to race any sanctioned triathlon (including this one). Follow prompts through registration to choose a 1-day ($15) or Annual ($50) Membership.
Race Day Schedule:
Registration/Packet Pick-Up Opens: 6:00am, Long Pond, Wellfleet
Race Start Time: 8:00am
Start/Finish Line: Long Pond, Wellfleet
This triathlon is the largest fundraising event for WOMR 92.1FM and 91.3FM, Community Radio for Cape Cod.
Part of the Proceeds to Benefit Outer Cape Health