Falmouth Sprint Triathlon 2021
Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 07:00 AM
DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER
ADDRESSSurf Drive Beach
Surf Drive Beach, Falmouth, Cape Cod MA
Cape Cod, MA, 02540
Triathlon (Individual)Increases to $110.00 on March 16, 20215 waves to choose from19 & Under$65.00+$0.00General$100.00
Aquabike (Swim/Bike)Increases to $100.00 on March 16, 202119 & Under$65.00+$0.00General$90.00
Triathlon Relay TeamIncreases to $165.00 on March 16, 2021& Under$0.00+$0.00General$155.00
It is important to keep athletes, volunteers and staff safe! As guidelines shift for events of this type we will update this race's website page and post to Facebook.
SWIM: 1/3 mile
A sandy, waist-deep start at Surf Drive Beach (expect temps well into the 70s). The course is rectangular in shape, following the shoreline, and well life-guarded. Wave conditions over the years have ranged from glass-calm to a slight chop; never “big surf” in the protected waters of Vineyard Sound.
BIKE: 9 miles
After a mile-long flat stretch to warm up the legs, you begin a gradual climb of 2 winding miles to Nobska Light. Then it’s a rolling four miles entering into the village of Woods Hole and then returning along a new, quieter route to Falmouth Village. The remaining two miles are either downhill or flat to the finish.
RUN: 3.1 miles
A very level and fast run on paved road and walking trail along Vineyard Sound. Consider a hat and sunglasses — not much shade! Two staffed water stops. The last 50 yards are on the sand of Surf Drive Beach where the biggest cheering crowd of the New England Triathlon Tour awaits you!
Packet pick-up and Late Registration
Saturday evening from 5-7pm or 5:30-6:45am race morning at race site. All participants: BRING ID. If you have a USAT annual membership, BRING USAT ID CARD.
You will be able to pick up packets for others!
Results will count toward national and regional rankings. All USAT rules and regulations will apply. Racers are subject to time penalties or disqualification for infractions of USAT rules.
Please note: You will need at least a 1-day USA Triathlon membership in order to race any sanctioned triathlon (including this one). Follow prompts through registration to choose a 1-day ($15) or Annual ($50) Membership.
For those traveling from afar, Cape Cod is awash with hotels, motor lodges, inns, bed and breakfasts, vacation cottages and AirBnB offerings.
Awards ceremony is tentatively scheduled for 9:30am day of race. Awards presented to top three competitors in each age group (both male and female) as well as top Elites, Clydesdale/Athena, First-Timers, Male, Female and Mixed Relay Teams, and Aquabike. Those who cannot remain for the ceremony may pick up their award at the awards table or by mailing a self-addressed-stamped oversized envelope to the race director.
Critical Parking Information
Tri It Your Way (Virtual category)
Can't make it in person? No Problem!
Here's how Tri It Your Way works:
1) Pick your triathlon activities! Remember, you can either swim the 400 yards or choose another activity to do for 10 minutes. The bike needs to be at least 10 miles and the run needs to be at least a 5K (yes, you may go over, but not under!).
2) SAFETY FIRST! Make sure you are taking all the safety precautions when swimming, biking, and running. This means not swimming alone and following all the rules of the road (or trail). Just like all the precautions you take when training or racing an event, we want you to be safe.
3) Record each activity with your watch, or phone, or bike computer.
4) Document your tri! Whether it’s someone taking pictures of you “racing” or stopping for a selfie mid-run. We want to see you in action! Dogs, kids, partners, friends (socially distanced, of course) are encouraged to join in with you!
5) Go to our event page and post your “race” data and your pictures. OR email your pics and race data to email@example.com.
“Tri It Your Way” runs from July 11 -18. Race any day within this time period.
will be awarded the week of July 18, based on the pictures and race
data that is submitted. Prize categories range from “Best run with dog”
to “Prettiest View” to “Best alternate swim activity.” We have lots of
fun swag to give you!