About This Event
The First Annual HMH 5K Run is organized by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, with all proceeds benefiting City Year.
The HMH 5K Run for Equity is designed to bring communities together to help close the equity gap for our students. Your participation will directly support the in-school work being done by City Year, an organization proven to increase proficiency in key areas for students in systemically under-resourced communities and schools across the country.
Course, Timing, and Scoring
The HMH 5K Run for Equity will be Net Timing by SmartRace Solutions, USA. All participants will be issued a tag and bib number. Participants must wear and display the official HMH 5K Run for Equity bib number on the front side of the body. Only those wearing an official race bib will be permitted on the course and receive a finisher's medal. There is a 90-minute time limit to complete the race.
- This is a community event open to all ages and skill levels.
- Participants with strollers welcome
- Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2020.
- Packet pickup for the event will be onsite the day of the event, October 17, 2020, at Cook County Forest Preserve, Harms Woods Glenview, IL 60025
- Onsite registration will be available on race day starting at 7:00 a.m ($45.00 credit card ONLY)
- Refunds are not allowed for this race. Rain or shine, we are still on!
- Your registration includes an HMH 5K Run for Equity T-shirt and finisher's medal.
Awards will be given to the top three finishers in the following age categories:
- 15 years old and under (male & female)
- 16-30 years old (male & female)
- 31-49 years old (male & female)
- 50+ (male & female)
All finishers will receive medals (given to all participants completing the race within the 90-minute time limit).
*Only participants who self-identified as male or female will be eligible for top placement awards.