Build the Base Virtual Tri
Saturday, November 7, 2020 to Sunday, November 15, 2020
How it works:
1) It’s a sprint triathlon! However, the 10 min SWIM can be substituted with another activity (e.g. hike, tennis, badminton). The BIKE is 10 miles (or longer if you like). It can be done outdoors, on a trainer, or on a stationary bike. The RUN is 3.1 miles (or again longer if you like) and you can run or walked it – either outdoors or on a treadmill. If you decide to go longer, you might be eligible for an award (see below).
2) Do all 3 disciplines on the same day or on different days.
3) SAFETY FIRST! Make sure you are taking all safety precautions when swimming, biking, and running, or doing an alternative activity, including social distancing.
4) Record EACH activity with your watch, phone, or bike computer. A picture or file of those results should be uploaded here: https://forms.gle/xG1PvUEbCVKNXLHXA
5) Document your tri by taking fun pictures! Dogs, kids, partners, friends (socially distanced, of course) are encouraged to join in with you! Add a fun picture either here: https://forms.gle/xG1PvUEbCVKNXLHXA or post them on the Build the Base Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/344372566634490/
6) Based on the USA Triathlon Foundation's motto "Encourage - Inspire - Ignite" we will give out 3 awards. Please see "Awards" for more info!
7) Wait for your swag to come in the mail and look on Facebook and Instagram for our award announcement!
About the USA Triathlon Foundation
The Foundation’s vision is to strive for “A healthier America through sport”. The three key areas of support are young athletes, para-triathletes, and Olympic hopefuls. As a supporter of the USA Triathlon Foundation, you can feel proud knowing that you play a vital role in introducing triathlon to aspiring and underserved young athletes through camps, clinics and passionate coaching, providing para-triathletes with the right training and race equipment, and helping a promising athlete to get one step closer to their Olympic dream.
The USA Triathlon Foundation has selected a group of committed Ambassadors across the US who are raising awareness and funds for the Foundation's mission which is transforming lives through opening pathways to swimming, biking, and running for all. One of the Ambassadors in the Northeast is Sybille Rex, a Boston local triathlete and coach. Her fundraising link is: http://bit.ly/USATFndSR
A portion of the proceeds of NEEE’s last event in 2020 – the Build your Base Virtual Triathlon – will be donated to the USA Triathlon Foundation.
If you would like to donate WITHOUT participating in the Virtual Triathlon, please use this link: http://bit.ly/USATFndSR
Based on the USA Triathlon Foundation’s motto “Encourage – Inspire – Ignite”, we will give out 3 awards: