Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon
Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 08:00 AM
DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER
ADDRESSLong Pond Wellfleet
520 LONG POND RD
Wellfleet, MA, 02667-7712
Relay TeamIncreases to $230.00 on August 2, 2022& Under$0.00+$0.00General$215.00
Tri it Your Way (Virtual)& Under$0.00+$0.00General$45.00
Wait ListOnly 27 spots left!& Under$0.00+$0.00GeneralFree
A 1/4-mile swim in the clear waters of a glacier-created "kettle pond"; a 10-mile paved bike course along the rolling hills of the Cape Cod National Seashore; and a 3.1-mile run past the famed Beachcomber Bar with a water stop overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Both bike and run courses, traversing a natural pine forest, will be closed to vehicular traffic.
Tri it your way (virtual category)
Can't make it in person? No Problem!
Here's how Tri It Your Way works:
1) Pick your triathlon activities! Remember, you can either swim the 400 yards or choose another activity to do for 10 minutes. The bike needs to be at least 10 miles and the run needs to be at least a 5K (yes, you may go over, but not under!).
2) SAFETY FIRST! Make sure you are taking all the safety precautions when swimming, biking, and running. This means not swimming alone and following all the rules of the road (or trail). Just like all the precautions you take when training or racing an event, we want you to be safe.
3) Record each activity with your watch, or phone, or bike computer.
4) Document your tri! Whether it’s someone taking pictures of you “racing” or stopping for a selfie mid-run. We want to see you in action! Dogs, kids, partners, friends (socially distanced, of course) are encouraged to join in with you!
5) Go to our event page and post your “race” data and your pictures. OR email your pics and race data to email@example.com and we will post on our social channels!
“Tri It Your Way” runs from September 18 - 30. Race any day within this time period.
Prizes will be awarded the week of October 3rd, based on the pictures and race data that is submitted. Prize categories range from “Best run with dog” to “Prettiest View” to “Best alternate swim activity.” We have lots of fun swag to give you!
Packet pick-up and late registration (until sold out) will be
Friday, September 23rd from 4:00pm - 6:00pm at Long Pond, and
Saturday, September 24th from 6:30am - 7:30am at Long Pond.
All participants must BRING ID.
Those who have a USAT annual membership MUST BRING THEIR USAT ID CARD as well.
You will NOT be able to pick up packets for others!
You are required to have either a one-day USA Triathlon membership or an annual USA Triathlon membership in order to race in any USAT-sanctioned event. Please follow prompts through registration to choose a one-day ($15) or Annual ($50) Membership.
Results will count toward national and regional rankings. All USAT rules and regulations will apply. Racers are subject to time penalties or disqualification for infractions of USAT rules.
Yes--your choice: 2-person or 3-person team! The captain should register, then go to 'manage team' to customize the name of the team and then invite who they want on their team.
There will be no refunds or wait list, but private transfers will be allowed (for a $25.00 fee) as long as both parties notify registration personnel by noon the Wednesday before the race.
Awards ceremony immediately following the race. Awards presented to top three competitors overall and in each age group (both male and female). Those who cannot remain for the ceremony may pickup their award by mailing a self-addressed-stamped oversized envelope to the race director. Race results will be live on NEEevents.com.
This triathlon is the largest fundraising event for WOMR 92.1FM and 91.3FM, Community Radio for Cape Cod.
Part of the Proceeds to Benefit Outer Cape Health
We LOVE our volunteers! Friends and family members of athletes are encouraged to volunteer while watching the action. Priority parking, T-shirt, refreshments and swag bag are only some of the perks!
It is important to keep athletes, volunteers and staff safe! As
guidelines shift for events of this type we will update this race's
website page and post to Facebook.
There is NO PARKING at the race site. Parking is only at the Wellfleet Elementary School. We will have volunteers at that location to help direct athletes from the lot to the race site. It is a short walk/bike ride to the transition area.