2024 Falmouth Sprint Triathlon
Sunday, July 14, 2024 at 07:00 AM
DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER
ADDRESSSurf Drive Beach
Surf Drive Beach, Falmouth, Cape Cod MA
Cape Cod, MA, 02540
Triathlon (Individual)Increases to $145.00 on March 16, 202419 & Under$75.00+$0.00General$135.00
Aquabike (Swim/Bike)Increases to $135.00 on March 16, 2024Only 11 spots left!19 & Under$70.00+$0.00General$125.00
Triathlon Relay TeamIncreases to $250.00 on March 16, 2024& Under$0.00+$0.00General$230.00
Tri it Your Way (Virtual)& Under$0.00+$0.00General$65.00
SWIM: 1/3 mile
A modified time trial start at Surf Drive Beach (expect temps well into the 70s). The course is rectangular in shape, following the shoreline, and well life-guarded. Wave conditions over the years have ranged from glass-calm to a slight chop; never “big surf” in the protected waters of Vineyard Sound.
BIKE: 8.5 miles
After a mile-long flat stretch along the edge of Nantucket Sound to warm up the legs, you begin a gradual climb to the headquarters of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. You will ride through the campus of WHOI, one of the world's most acclaimed scientific research centers, before rejoining Surf Drive and heading toward the village of Woods Hole. A highlight of your ride will be a climb to a coastal bluff where you will circle past the spectacular Nobska Light. The remaining three miles are either downhill or flat to the finish.
RUN: 3.1 miles
A very level and fast run on paved road and walking trail along Vineyard Sound. Consider a hat and sunglasses — not much shade! Two staffed water stops. The last 50 yards are on the sand of Surf Drive Beach where the biggest cheering crowd of the New England Triathlon Tour awaits you!
USAT Sanctioned Event
You are required to have either a one-day USA Triathlon membership or an annual USA Triathlon membership in order to race in any USAT-sanctioned event. Please follow prompts through registration and in your confirmation email to choose a one-day ($15) or Annual ($50) Membership.
Results will count toward national and regional rankings. All USAT rules and regulations will apply. Racers are subject to time penalties or disqualification for infractions of USAT rules.
Packet pick-up and Late Registration
Packet pick-up and late registration (if not sold out) will be Saturday evening from 5:00 - 7:00pm at the Mullen-Hall School, 130 Katharine Lee Bates Rd (NOT AT THE RACE SITE), or 5:30 - 6:30am race morning at race site.
All participants: BRING ID. If you have a USAT annual membership, BRING USAT ID CARD.
You will NOT be able to pick up packets for others!
For those traveling from afar, Cape Cod is awash with hotels, motor lodges, inns, bed and breakfasts, vacation cottages and AirBnB offerings.
Awards ceremony is tentatively scheduled for 9:30am day of race. Awards presented to top three competitors in each age group (both male and female) as well as top Elites, Clydesdale/Athena, First-Timers, Male, Female and Mixed Relay Teams, and Aquabike. Those who cannot remain for the ceremony may pickup their award at the Awards table or by contacting us for shipping instructions. Results will be posted on our website within 24 hours of event.
Critical Parking Information
Tri It Your Way (Virtual category)
Can't make it in person? No Problem!
Here's how Tri It Your Way works:
1) Pick your triathlon activities! Remember, you can either swim the 400 yards or choose another activity to do for 10 minutes. The bike needs to be at least 10 miles and the run needs to be at least a 5K (yes, you may go over, but not under!).
2) SAFETY FIRST! Make sure you are taking all the safety precautions when swimming, biking, and running. This means not swimming alone and following all the rules of the road (or trail). Just like all the precautions you take when training or racing an event, we want you to be safe.
3) Record each activity with your watch, or phone, or bike computer.
4) Document your tri! Whether it’s someone taking pictures of you “racing” or stopping for a selfie mid-run. We want to see you in action! Dogs, kids, partners, friends (socially distanced, of course) are encouraged to join in with you!
5) Go to our Facebook page and post your “race” data and your pictures. OR email your pics and race data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Tri It Your Way” runs from July 5 - 21. Race any day within this time period.
We love our volunteers! Friends and family members of athletes are encouraged to volunteer while watching the action. Priority parking, T-shirt, refreshments and swag bag are only some of the perks! Register online or email email@example.com for more information.