It’s easier to complete a large goal by breaking it down to smaller manageable goals. That’s what interval training is all about. We break up our runs into manageable run and walk segments. Therefore, all you need to focus on are the next few minutes of running. The scheduled walk break helps you recover, allows your muscles to rest, makes it easier to keep the group together, and makes the long run seem much shorter.
THE LONG RUN
The long run is the key to completing any endurance event. These runs will take place Saturday mornings. It’s important to take it slow during these longer training sessions. We like to use the talk test. If you can’t talk while you’re running then you might be going too fast. Save the fast runs for the weekday short runs. Most of the long runs start from the FootWorks Running store in South Miami.
THE SHORT RUN
- 22-Weeks of training
- Leadership by 100-time marathoner Josh Liebman
- Technical running shirt and official training program
- 15% discount at FootWorks (discount starts when you register and ends at completion of the program)
- Training with a pace group that is right for your needs!
- Measured & marked running courses with water and Vitalyte Sports Drink stations
- Entry to the TeamFootWorks VIP Hospitality Village at the Miami Marathon
- Does NOT include or guarantee entry to the Miami Marathon