IndividualSaturday, May 20, 2017 at 09:00 AMIncreases to $219.00 on May 1, 2017& Under$0.00+$0.00General$199.00
You plus a friendSaturday, May 20, 2017 at 09:00 AMIncreases to $399.00 on May 1, 2017& Under$0.00+$0.00General$379.00
Open Water Swim (OWS) Seminar & Clinic onlySaturday, May 20, 2017 at 09:00 AMIncreases to $45.00 on May 1, 2017& Under$0.00+$0.00General$35.00
A partnership between Sun Multisport Events and the coaches at Vescio Multisport Performance Services (Vmps), the 6th annual Patriot Half Training Camp is ideal for anyone training to race the Patriot Half or anyone preparing to compete in their first half iron (it’s not just for Patriot Half athletes!). This full day camp includes swim, bike and run clinics on the Patriot Half course as well as classroom instruction to help you ace your half distance triathlon experience.
About the coaches
The Patriot Half training camp will be led by Vmps head coach Elaine Vescio. Elaine is a certified USAT and Ironman coach and will lead a team of coaches specializing in open water swimming, cycling technique, running form, nutrition, tapering and more. To maximize the learning opportunity the coach to athlete ratio will be 15 to 1 (if not better). Also on hand will be Mark Walter, USAT Certified Race Director for the Patriot Half.
- 8:00AM-8:15AM: Registration
- 8:15AM-8:30AM: Welcome/Introduction
- 8:30AM–9:00AM: Open Water Swim (OWS) Seminar
- 9:00AM-9:15AM: Put on Wetsuits for OWS
- 9:15AM-10:15AM: OWS Clinic in Long Pond (Wetsuits strongly recommended)
- 10:15AM-10:30AM: Break (snacks provided); change into cycling clothes; review bike course
- 10:30AM-11:30AM: Cycling Seminar: Cycling Tips and Strategies; Pacing; Equipment Selection.
- 11:30AM-1:00PM: Cycling Clinic; Ride part of the Patriot bike course
- 1:00PM-2:00PM: Lunch (provided); discuss swim and bike sessions
- 2:00PM-3:15PM: Seminar: Getting ready for race week - nutrition, tapering & mental prep
- 3:15PM-3:30PM: Break
- 3:30PM-4:30PM: Running Tips and Form Session; run the last 2 miles of Patriot course.
- 4:30PM-5:00PM: Wrap Up/Q&A