IndividualIncreases to $185.00 on March 1, 2018& Under$0.00+$0.00General$175.00
You and a FriendIncreases to $350.00 on March 1, 2018& Under$0.00+$0.00General$330.00
Who this camp is for
The Triathlon Skills Training Camp is ideal for any triathlete who wants better results from their training and an opportunity for structured learning from knowledgeable coaches in a fully supported environment. Whether you are relatively new to triathlon or have already raced your way to a podium spot, the coaches at BPC can help you race more effectively and efficiently.
This camp is especially valuable to athletes who will be racing in the Patriot Half as it includes swimming, biking and running on the course you will face on race day. Mark Walter, owner and President of Sun Multisport Events and Race Director for the Patriot Half, will be in attendance throughout the day to answer questions about Patriot or any other SME race.
Below is the camp schedule. Note that actual timing may vary on the day of camp based on camper interests and needs.
- 7:30am-7:45am: Registration/check-in.
- 7:45am-8:00am: Introduction and camp overview.
- 8:00am-8:30am: Setting up your transition area.
- 8:30am-9:30am: Open water swim clinic; campers to be grouped based on ability and comfort level; session to cover entering and exiting the water, drafting, sighting and wetsuit removal.
- 9:30am-11:00am: T1 organization & practice
- 10:00am-11:00am: Cycling skills clinic; session to include bike handling, dealing with mechanical issues and navigating the water bottle exchange.
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Ride on the Patriot bike course; distances to vary; campers to be grouped based on speed and fitness; session to include key riding cues and USAT rules and apprpriate race intensity efforts on the road.
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Run on the Patriot run course; distances to vary; campers to be grouped based on speed and fitness; coaches to review T2, heat management, nutrition and run form.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: Debriefing and Q&A followed by food & refreshments courtesy of Blue Ribbon BBQ
About Breakthrough Performance Coaching
Breakthrough Performance Coaching, LLC is a high-touch endurance coaching service. BPC has a reputation as a comprehensive coaching service that will leave no stone unturned to ensure that athletes reach their athletic potential. With education and experience encompassing physiology, nutrition, data analysis, mental preparation, and race execution, the coaches of BPC will be there every step of the way to help you be unstoppable on race day.
BPC coaches on hand for the Triathlon Skills Training Camp include:
- Jeffrey Capobianco: Jeff is BPC owner and holds coaching certifications from IRONMAN, USA Triathlon, and USA Cycling. Jeff has coached hundreds of athletes to IRONMAN PRs, Kona qualifications, and podiums finishes. His first triathlon was IRONMAN Lake Placid in 2005, which he has since done every year since. He has qualified for, and competed in, the Ironman World Championships in Kona 7 times and is a 23x Ironman finisher.
- Susan Sotir is a USA Triathlon: Level II Certified Coach with a has PhD in PE and concentration in Sport and Exercise Psychology. She is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association: NSCA-CSCS and brings almost 30 years of experience in sport, coaching, and education. She has worked with beginners seeking fitness, youth and junior elites, competitive adults, and professional athletes. She has been a member of the coaching staffs for the USA Triathlon Northeast Regional Development Camps, the Northeast Collegiate Draft Legal Triathlon Camp, the USA Triathlon Junior Elite Specialty Camps, as well as age group, high school, and masters swim teams.