Triathlon - Individual (swim-bike-run)Increases to $119.00 on January 2, 202319 & Under$79.00+$0.00General$109.00
Triathlon - Relay TeamIncreases to $159.00 on January 2, 2023& Under$0.00+$0.00General$149.00
Duathlon (run-bike-run)Increases to $109.00 on January 2, 202319 & Under$69.00+$0.00General$99.00
Splash 'N Dash (swim-run)Increases to $59.00 on January 2, 202419 & Under$39.00+$0.00General$49.00
VIRTUAL TriathlonIncreases to $59.00 on January 2, 202319 & Under$39.00+$0.00General$49.00
VIRTUAL DuathlonIncreases to $59.00 on January 2, 202319 & Under$39.00+$0.00General$49.00
- Triathlon: Swim: 0.25 miles; Bike 11.4 miles; Run: 3.1 miles
- Duathlon: Run: 1.1 miles; Bike: 11.4 miles; Run: 3.1 miles
- Splash & Dash: Swim: 0.25 miles; Run 3.1 miles
Included with your registration
- Soft cotton blend T-shirt (choose from two styles: unisex or women)
- TYR swim cap
- Finisher medal
- Water bottle wrapped in a cold hand towel at the finish
- Race photos
- Post race food & drinks
- A chance to win sponsor giveaways
Families, Friends & Beginners
USAT Sanctioned Event
The Whaling City Tri & Du is a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event which means all participants must have a valid USAT membership at the time they register. If you do not have a current annual membership at the time you register you will be given the following options during the registration process: (1) renew your expired annual membership; (2) purchase a new annual membership; or (3) purchase a 1-day membership.
Athletes age 18 or older (as of 12/31/22) can purchase an annual membership for $50 or a 1-day license for $15. Athletes age 17 and under (as of 12/31/22) only have the option to purchase an annual license for juniors for $10.
TRI TEAM CHALLENGE
Virtual Race Option
Race the Whaling City Triathlon VIRTUALLY... complete the triathlon (0.25 mile swim, 11.4 mile bike and 3.1 mile run) or duathlon (1.1 mile run, 11.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) where you want, when you want between 7/15/23 and 7/23/23 and we'll mail you your t-shirt, water bottle, TYR swim cap and finisher medal!
Breakthrough Performance Coaching - Official Coach of the 2023 Whaling City Tri & Du
Need a coach? Sun Multisport Events is proud to partner with Breakthrough Performance Coaching (BPC) as the Official Coach of our 2023 multisport race series. BPC is a high-touch endurance coaching service that will leave no stone unturned to help every athlete reaches their athletic potential. With education and experience encompassing physiology, nutrition, data analysis, mental preparation, and race execution, the coaches of BPC will be there every step of the way to help you be unstoppable on race day. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Refund, Deferral and Transfer Policies
- Refunds: Refunds may be requested by May 12, 2023. Refunds will be issued less a $50 processing fee. Refund requests must be submitted via email to info@SunMultisportEvents.com. Refund requests received after May 12, 2023 will be denied. Note that any USAT fees collected during the registration process are transmitted directly to USAT and are, therefore, not refundable by SME (contact USAT to submit a refund request). Online processing fees are also non-refundable.
- Deferrals: Athletes may request a deferral of their 2023 Whaling City entry to the 2024 Whaling City event up until 6/16/23. Deferral requests must be submitted in writing to info@SunMultisportEvents.com. The deferral schedule and deferral fee are as follows:
- Athletes requesting deferral by 5/12/23 will pay a $25 deferral fee at the time they register for the 2024 race.
- Athletes requesting deferral between 5/13/23 and 6/16/23 will pay a $50 deferral fee at the time they register for the 2024 race.
- No deferrals will be granted after 6/16/23.
- Cancellation: If the 2023 Whaling City Tri & Du is canceled for adverse weather, natural catastrophe or terrorism registered athletes may receive a full or partial refund through our partnership with haku, our registration partner, and their relationship with Adventure Advocates (note: cancellation due to COVID-19 or other infectious diseases are not covered by this policy). Click here for more details on this refund program. Should a partial or full refund not be possible, SME would extend athletes a partial credit towards entry in the 2024 Whaling City Tri & Du.
- Course Changes: Event Management reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any portion of a race at any time in the interest of athlete safety or for other reasons beyond our control. No refunds will be issued if changes are made to a race due to these circumstances.
- Category Changes: Category change requests (e.g. triathlon to duathlon; Elite/Open to Age Group) must be submitted by Friday, 6/30/23.
- Transfers to Other SME Races: Registered athletes that are unable to race may transfer to another 2023 SME race. Transfer requests must be made no later than 6/16/23. If the registration fee for the race transferred to is LESS than the registration fee already paid, the difference in price is forfeited. If the registration fee for the race transferred to is MORE than the registration fee paid you will be required to pay the difference in registration fees. Note that any USAT fees collected during the registration process are transmitted directly to USAT and are, therefore, not refundable by SME (contact USAT for a refund request). Online processing fees are also non-refundable.
- The exchange, transfer or sale of entries to other athletes is strictly prohibited.