#RunPalmSprings! Make room for that extra piece of pie by running the best Thanksgiving race in the desert - Running Wild's Wild Turkey Trot in iconic Palm Springs, California on Thanksgiving morning at 8AM. Start and finish downtown, in perfect racing weather, on beautiful Palm Canyon.
Palm Springs Marathon Runners Presents...
RUNNING WILD'S WILD TURKEY TROT
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24th, 2016
RACE START TIME 8:AM
101 S. Palm Canyon, (South Palm Canyon and Tahquitz),
PALM SPRINGS, CA
Final Race Instructions
Thank you registering for Running Wild's WILD TURKEY TROT 5K , another fit 'n fun event brought to you by your friends at the Palm Springs Marathon Runners. This email contains your final race instructions for Thursday, November 24th. If, after reading this email, you have any questions, please feel free to call me, Molly Thorpe, at (760) 413-6508 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help you.
Extra Early Packet Pick-Up - For all who registered by 11AM Thursday, November 17th, you can pick up your amazing long sleeved tech T-shirt, zany turkey hat and Lucky Turkey bib EARLY on Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday (November 19th-22nd) at Running Wild 611 S. Palm Canyon from 11AM - 5PM daily. If you waited until after Thursday, November 17 at 11AM to register, your on-line bib will not be available for pick-up until regular packet pick-up next Tuesday and Wednesday, November 22nd and 23rd 11AM - 5PM at Running Wild (or you can pick up race morning beginning at 6:30AM). You are encouraged to pick up early as the lines may be long on race morning. Come pick up your bib, goodie bag, turkey hat and T-shirt at that time. Reminder: You may pick up bibs, etc. for friends; just make certain that you sign the waiver at pick-up.
We are thrilled that you will be joining us for Running Wild's WILD TURKEY TROT 5K in Downtown Palm Springs, Thanksgiving morning 8AM on a super fast and flat certified course. Any questions? Call Molly at 760-413-6508.
You may pick up race stuff for friends/relatives so long as you sign the waiver!
Race Day - Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, November 24th 6:30AM till race time on site at Palm Canyon and Tahquitz (next to Starbucks) $40 for new registrations and packet pick-up for ALL pre-registered.
Running Wild and Palm Springs Marathon Runners support programs that supply our homebound seniors with healthy meals! This race supports our friends at the Mizell Center Meals on Wheels Program.
Come celebrate with us!
Call Molly 760-413-6508 with any questions regarding registration,
packet pick-up or race day!
While you're at Running Wild, our PRESENTING SPONSOR, check out their special sales or get fitted for an awesome new pair of running shoes to welcome in the season! Running Wild is THE premiere sponsor of this event. Owner, Don Kick, is an expert at shoe fitting and has discounted many selections to race participants Running and walking are a great way to stay fit and healthy. What better way to stay fit and healthy than by treating yourself to a new pair of shoes or a snazzy race day outfit! And check out Running Wild's NEW store on El Paseo, in Palm Desert, slated to open on Black Friday!
What do I get at packet pick-up???
• What you get...Your registration includes...your race day chipped timed bib. This will record your exact race finish time and is activated as you cross the start/finish line. No need to push your way to the front of the crowd in order to shave a few seconds off your race time. Your bib will insure accurate and precise timing. Please do not fold the foam tracking device on the back of your bib as this is your "chip"...long sleeved technical T-shirt with Lucky Turkey's picture. A tech T-shirt is made of a wicking material so that sweat is not absorbed as your run. Stay dry and happy on Thanksgiving morning...your very own turkey hat - why? because we like you-this just adds to the festivity of the morning and we wanted to include it at no extra cost (and "yes", if you wear it to Aunt Mildred's Thanksgiving table, she will snicker at you and tell you that you are over-dressed for the occasion).
• Your goodie bag includes literature and samples from local event organizers. Browse through your bag and we are sure you will find some neat little stuff and information about great upcoming running events.
• Doggies Dogs are welcome on the course, but must be on a leash. No retractable leashes are allowed. Please clean up after your dog if any “presents” are left on the course. Water bowls will be available on the course.
• 5K CERTIFIED RACE COURSE
Our race is runner, walker, stroller and doggie friendly.
This is an out-and-back 5K (3.1 mile) course...
Our 5K (3.1 mile) route starts and finishes at 101 S. Palm Canyon (at Tahquitz-near Starbucks). The race runs south on Palm Canyon to Ramon. Turn right on Ramon to Belardo. Run south on Belardo to just before Palm Canyon. You will then see the turn-around sign and follow the course back to the finish line. This is a fast and flat certified course where we anticipate world records will be made! Speedy peeps line up in front!
Once you cross the finish line, turn left onto Tahquitz to receive your BEAUTIFUL finisher medal, hydrating water courtesy of Desert Water Agency, yummy treats, including bananas, pretzels and pastries and a hearty Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving wish from our incredible volunteers!
• Parking Ample parking is available in all neighborhoods near the race site. We suggest that you park either east or west of Palm Canyon near Tahquitz for easy access to the start line and easy exit once the race concludes. Abundant free Parking is also available at 275 S. Palm Canyon (Downtown Parking Structure) which is located just a few blocks south of the start line.
• .Race Etiquette For many of you, this may be your first introduction to a 5K event. Race etiquette allows the fastest runners to line up in front with the slower paced runners and walkers in back followed by those with strollers and finally, walking dogs. Slower participants, please stay to your right along the course. As this event is timed and awards are presented to the fastest finishers, please do not block the course of those competing for the bling! Please follow these rules to insure the safety of all of our participants. Remember, we also will be awarding the top 3 challenged athletes, strollers and dog finishers!
• Water Stop A water stop is located at the southern end (Belardo) of our course. You will be able to access this twice. Thank you, Girl Scout Troop 655, for coordinating this stop!
• Official Race Results will be posted on-line immediately following the race. Go to racewire.com for results of Running Wild's WILD TURKEY TROT.
• Finish line photo - Smile as you cross the finish line or give a sign of victory as your photo is being taken for FREE download. Go to racwire.com, find our race and enter your bib number and you will be able to download your finisher picture for FREE. Please give our friends at racewire a few days to get these pictures up on line. We will alert you when your photos are available via email and a Facebook post on our page, Runpalmsprings.
• Porta Potties and a wash station are located, for your convenience, on Tahquitz and Palm Canyon, just east of the start line.
• Awards Ceremony All finishers will be awarded an official Lucky Turkey finisher medal as they cross the finish line. You will LOVE this beautiful medal (it's one of the coolest that we've ever awarded) and probably want to wear it to Thanksgiving dinner along with that cool turkey hat!
• Age Group Awards will be announced approximately 45 minutes after the first competitor has crossed the finish line. We know you are anxious to "run and eat" and so we will try our best to get our age group lists out ASAP. If you see your name posted as an age group winner, first, second or third, you may pick up your age group medal at the awards table. Please provide your age group and name to our volunteer. These will be presented in 5 year age groups beginning with 5 and under, 3 deep through 85+.
• Tram 'n Trot Awards - If you completed Klein-Clark's Tram Road Challenge on October 22nd and you complete our race, Running Wild's WILD TURKEY TROT 5K on Thanksgiving morning, you will be awarded a BONUS MEDAL - the TRAM 'N TROT medal. After crossing the finish line, go to the T&T table, give us your name so that we can verify your Tram finish and we will present you with your extra award!
• Trophies We will also be presenting trophies to the top 3 male and female finishers, challenged athletes, strollers and doggies and our TOP 10 race finishers. These will be presented at our AWARDS CEREMONY at approximately 9:15AM on Tahquitz at Palm Canyon. We will also call up our age group winners - so grab your medal and join us! If you are unable to stay for the ceremony, you can pick up your trophy/award at the Running Wild Store 611 S. Palm Canyon beginning Friday morning 11AM.
• Our Cause - A portion of your race registration supports a very important local cause - the Palm Springs Mizell Center's MEALS ON WHEELS program which provides nutritious meals and a friendly face to homebound seniors. Thank you for supporting our friends at the Mizell Center by participating in this race.
• Don't Forget the Critters! - We will also be collecting dog and cat food race morning. Bring in a donation and we will give you a raffle ticket. Post race, we will have a drawing for a handmade flannel doggie print blanket (suitable for any 2 legged or 4 legged friend who wants to snuggle up and stay cozy!) Just bring your donations to the donation box on race morning and we will give you your raffle ticket.
• Bag Drop - If you need to leave behind your bag, personal items, etc. while racing, we will have a bag drop right behind the registration table.
• Race Volunteers We would like to thank our many volunteers for their hard work insuring a fun and successful race day event! Thank you one and all for your volunteer service. Please give them a cheer and thank you as you pass them on the race course or see them in the registration area. A special shout out to our Palm Springs High School HOSA group and our Girl Scouts, students from the College of the Desert Edge Program as well as our registration and finish line volunteers.
• Race Results will be available on-line at racewire.com. By the time you get into your car to drive home, official results will be posted. Technology is amazing!!!
• Race Photos We encourage you to share your race day photos with us. Although, we will email you and post on facebook when your free finisher downloads become available, we encourage you to have your friends take pictures during the event, selfies included, and please post to our Facebook page-Runpalmsprings, mail to us at email@example.com or text to 7604136508. This is YOUR event—make it a fun one!
• Special thanks to our cyclists Vic Yepello and Brett Klein who volunteer at our races to keep our participants safe!
• Special Announcements Is race day your birthday? Does this race mark your first 5K? A comeback race? Some other special event, anniversary, etc? Are you repping your school or workplace? Do you have something or someone you are thankful for this Thanksgiving? Email me your Thanksgiving Day quote and I will announce it on race day! Deadline for announcements is Tuesday, November 22nd 9PM!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 22nd 9PM and I will make a special announcement on race day recognizing you, your occasion or your group.
Stay Healthy - Run Happy,
Molly A. Thorpe, Race Coordinator
(760) 413-6508 email@example.com
this lightening fast and flat certified course that starts and finishes on beautiful Palm
Canyon in Downtown Palm Springs. Expect some world records to be set on this holiday morning!
EVENT T-SHIRT AND OTHER BLING!
Race with us and you earn MORE bling than any of the other desert turkey day races. All participants receive a long sleeved tech
t-shirt with our mascot Lucky the Turkey, an awesome finisher medal, free finisher photo download and your very own wild turkey hat!